After 16 years at the Corporate/M&A area of CMS Spain (which he joined as a junior lawyer and left as a partner), in 2020 and together with Javier Leyva and Abraham Nájera, Rafael founded LESAYRA.
Throughout his career, he has gained extensive experience in connection with:
• M&A transactions, focused on the sectors of private equity, energy, infrastructures, real estate and start-ups.
• Corporate governance of IBEX-35 listed companies.
• Corporate law (including preparation of General Shareholders’ Meetings of IBEX-35 listed companies).
• Capital markets (IPOs, rights issues and tender offers of IBEX-35 listed companies).
• Restructuring and reorganization of groups of companies.
• General commercial law, including domestic and international contracting.
Degree in Law from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, ICADE (E-3 program) (2002).
Degree in Business Administration from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, ICADE (E-3 program) (2003).
Harvard Law School: Harvard Course in Law and Economics (2008).
Rafael features in legal directories such as Best Lawyers and was a nominee for the Iberian Lawyer “Forty under 40” Awards in 2019.
“Best transaction 2017” - Expansión Jurídico Awards (Siemens-Gamesa merger, where Rafael played a key role).